Friday, February 1, 2013

Original Polish Pottery Ceramika Boleseawiecka

Hand Made In Poland

Last year in March we drove over into Poland just to say we had been there. If you have been following my blog, you may remember my post about visiting Peenemunde, Germany and then driving along the really long shopping avenue into Poland.

Most of the metal buildings were just vending stalls selling clothes and Polish sausage and tobacco items, but we happened to see a nice little white stucco shop selling Polish ceramics. After looking for bargains (as usual) and not finding too many, I settled on something unusual. You can see below a strangely shaped water pitcher decorated with blue and gold pansies. And it is stamped and has a signature of the person who painted it.

I am happy with this addition to my blue and white pitcher collection.





No comments:

Post a Comment